Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Thirty Days of Deuce: Day 21 - I'm tired of having cold paws

Can I whine? 

I'm a pretty tough guy. I've been outside in hot sun, rain, snow, ice, wind - it's what guys do when they have to go...you know.  It's not a problem. But I gotta tell ya, I'm tired of my paws being cold. 

You won't see Mom going outside without her shoes or slippers unless it's the middle of summer. I'm Deuce. I'm a dog. I don't have shoes. My paws might be furry, but they still get cold. 

Take today, for instance. It was a sunny day, but it didn't get very warm. Dad and I went outside about three-thirty. We went in and out the lane, and there was still ice over the gravel. Ice is cold.  We'd only been back inside for a few minutes and then Mom came home and we went back out the lane again. Over the ice. 

I think I'm ready for spring, but Mom is shaking her head at me. She reminded me spring means rain and mud and tracking mud into the house is not a good thing. Maybe she's right. Wet paws stay cold longer. 

Then again, spring means jumping in the creek. Almost all of me will be wet.

You know what, Mom? Bring on spring!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment