Thursday, January 23, 2020

Thirty Days of Deuce - Day 23 - I pushed Mom out of bed

Sometimes I don't know my own strength. All I did was s-t-r-e-t-c-h and it felt really good. Soooo good. And then Mom's feet thumped on the floor and she sat up real fast and turned around and said, "What are you doing, buster?"

Oh, boy. I do not like it when she calls me buster. It is not a term of endearment. 

It seems like I take up a lot of space on the bed. And I do like Mom's side best. Her side is warm at night because she's there. We cuddle up, back-to-back most night, but early this morning I rolled over and I needed to slide over to spend some time with Dad and I pushed... I didn't know Mom would slide. I thought I would slide. Oops. 

Mom knows people who don't allow their canine pack members on the bed, but Mom says she likes that I'm there with her. Dad likes me to sleep with him, too. I feel kind of sorry for dogs who have to spend the night in their crates. I had to when I was younger but I moved around too much and barked at every noise outside. I'm older and smarter now. 

This morning, Mom told me it was a good thing she was ready to get up. I think so, too. I really skated on this one. I'll have to remember not to push on Mom when I stretch. I'll have to roll onto my back and then do it. It's safer for everyone that way.

I wonder what Mom is going to fix for dinner tonight? Maybe I'll get lucky and we have more Sloppy Joe's in the freezer! 





No comments:

Post a Comment